These trails are maintained and managed through a partnership with the Frankfort Parks Department and the Bluegrass Chapter of the Kentucky Mountain Bike Association (KYMBA)/ (http://kymba.org/bluegrass/). The park enjoys year round riding and has trails that offer something for all levels of riders. The peak use of these trails is from May-October. During these peak months it is very busy with walkers, runners and riders; please always be alert, cautious, and respectful.
The park host several events throughout the year:
1. Find the Fridge cross country trail run in March
2. The 12 hours of Capitol View Mountain Bike Race during early June
3. The Bluegrass State Games Mountain Bike Race
4. The River Dash cross country adventure style “mud race” in the fall
5. Take your Kid Mountain Biking event co-sponsored by the International Mountain Bike Association (IMBA) in early October.
Trail precautions: There are several native trees and bushes that have thorns. Extra inner tubes, tire liners and tube sealant are recommended. Capitol View Park is also home to a large deer population. These deer are very use to mountain bikes and don’t always move when you are approaching; be prepared to slow down or stop and respect these animals.